Question about sourcebooks

What is Star Wars RPG Club? How do I play? - Feel free to post your questions in this forum.
Darth_Kaaos
Full Name: Davey Nova

Question about sourcebooks

Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:18 pm

i have just about every SW book WEG made in pdf files i got through a torrent, but im shopping online for a few that i really want. so far i have revised and expanded, and the 1987 sourcebook. planets of the galaxy vol. 1 and the gamemaster handbook for 2nd ed are comming in the mail. the one i wanted to get next was ""galaxy Guide 14 - The Dark Side", however google cant seem to find even a reference to GG14 other than the torrent file list, i cant seem to find this specific book on any WEG checklist either. i took a close took at the pages in the file to find the ISBN or the WEG book number. no ISBN but i found that the book number is WEG-40063, but when looking up that number it seems that Galaxy Guide 9 is WEG-40063. it also says it was published in 1993 but GG10 wasnt piblished untill '94.

where did this Galaxy Guide come from? has anyone else come accross it? is there a real copy i can buy somewhere?

if anyone wants to look at it i can email it to you, its 4MB.
I lost The Game!
wmurphy
Full Name: William Murphy

Re: Question about sourcebooks

Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:02 am

E-bay is your friend in getting older books. You could also check your local gaming store (if you have one).
Darth_Kaaos

Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:11 pm

yeah i looked on ebay and found TONs of the book, but i normaly shop amazon, ill spend my next wad on ebay (maybe)

anyway the thing is WEG dont have any records of this book having been produced, that with the other evidence, with some new things ive found examining the PDF version i have, suggests its fanmade, but i cant be sure without confermation or at least a 2nd oppinion. i was also hoping someone else had come accross it
I lost The Game!
wmurphy
Full Name: William Murphy

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:00 am

Does the pdf have a ISBN shown? That can be traced or searched.
Darth_Kaaos

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:20 pm

nope. no isbn. the only number that can be traced is on the first page, it says WEG-40063, but a google search will tell you that WEG-40063 is Galaxy Guide 9. this is just a puzzle i would like to solve, mostly cuz im kinda disapointed that its fan made and i cant get a hard copy. if u want to take a look for yourself i can email u the file.
I lost The Game!

Return to “SWC Help Forum”