Star Wars Aftermath

New to SWC? Learn the latest RPG and forum developments.
James Bricker

Re: Star Wars Aftermath

Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:06 pm

The last issue was on IGNs "Must Buy Comic List" today. So is it cannon?
James Bricker
SWC Moderator
Tim
Full Name: Timothy Schenks

Star Wars Aftermath

Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:11 am

Any of the new works that say Disney/Lucasfilm are canon. However, I can already guess that the new canon books may not affect the movies at all, and their writers have no idea what's going to happen in the movies.

You might recognize the last name of the sergeant married to the Rebel pilot in Shattered Empire. It has a slight tie in with the new movie.

I bought issues 1, 3, and 4 yesterday at a book store. Somehow they didn't order any back issues of #2.

Curious thing, though, this "canon" thing. They allegedly threw out the entire Expanded Universe (some good, some bad) but the writers of this new comic use terms like "Specforce Pathfinder", which came from WEG's Rules of Engagement, and "Impstar Deuce", which came from Stackpole's X-wing novels. :D It's just really odd that all of this stuff no longer exists, then all of a sudden an author decides to mention it in a new book and it's "canon."
Jeremy H
Executive GM
Full Name: Jeremy Harris

Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:55 pm

Hmm... one could hope that their is some controlling authority that determines what gets let in from the EU, but I doubt it.

Pumping out SW books is all about the money. With that many hands in the pot it's going to be difficult to maintain any consistency.
I play... therefore I am.
James Bricker

Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:31 pm

Im sure that these new authors that are writing star wars books are die hard star wars fans. I'm sure they were all up to date with the EU, so its no surprise that some of it will leak into the new "canon" jargon and what not.
James Bricker
SWC Moderator
James Bricker

Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:27 pm

I have been reading the book on my breaks, and I'm a slow reader so bare with me...I have read the first 7 chapters. I am enjoying it so far. Really liked how Loxus borrowed a ship from a smuggler mention in the book (snaps to Tim). Anyway I am finding that there are ALOT of characters and I am having a little trouble following. Im not even half way through the book and it seems like the plot follows 10 characters? The book reads almost like the Darth Bane series, how it jumps around between characters, but there are a lot lol. Really looking forward to how this plays into the new movies.

Also I purchased the Thrawn Trilogy graphic novel. I am 2/3 through it. Maybe because its the graphic novel it feels like everything is rushed. Its a nice story, but I don't like how awesome Thrawn is. He knows everything with out knowing anything. Its almost like they made a super hero. If the Empire was going to make any alien a Moff, it would be him. But still...he is like Darth Vader meets Sherlock Holmes, he figures out all the protagonist moves before the next page and I find that kinda annoying.
James Bricker
SWC Moderator
Tim

Star Wars Aftermath

Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:56 am

Harthusa was mentioned in Aftermath? If so, the writer of that book borrowed it from an earlier D6 West End Games RPG book (Classic Campaigns, or maybe the Gamemaster Kit), which is where I borrowed it from.
Tim

Star Wars Aftermath

Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:34 am

Man, Thrawn was a badass. You should read how he killed the original Jorus C'baoth and how he later got recruited by the Empire. Sherlock Holmes meets McGuyver meets Ninja.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mitth%27raw%27nuruodo
James Bricker

Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:26 pm

Just flipped back a few pages...It was Hassan, Devaronian too. Mixed up the names sorry.
James Bricker
SWC Moderator

Return to “News and Announcements”