Rogue One Trailer Teaser

New to SWC? Learn the latest RPG and forum developments.
James Bricker

Re: Rogue One Trailer Teaser

Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:10 pm

I think I was first bothered by it with the new battlefront game. I had a moment where I was like: "All for women's rights, but this is way to much". Then I thought about it a bit and said who cares. As long as the character is good, I don't care much for gender/race.

You bring up a good point about unoriginal material. However, this is a story that has kinda been skipped though out the years of of Star Wars story telling. Yeah we know what is gonna happen in the end. But I think I am more excited to see things that we haven't seen before. New troopers, new vehicles, new anything! This movie isn't going to be held in the same light as the trilogies. They can go outside the box a bit and show us some material we have bee dying to see.
James Bricker
SWC Moderator
Jeremy H
Executive GM
Full Name: Jeremy Harris

Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:25 pm

Battlefront? What female character are you talking about? I didn't realize there was a story at all for that game.
I play... therefore I am.
Jeremy H
Executive GM
Full Name: Jeremy Harris

Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:28 pm

Wild Theory: Diego Luna and Benicio del Torro are playing the same character, only ~35 years apart.
I play... therefore I am.
James Bricker

Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:01 pm

I just felt that every voice over was a female voice in battlefront.
James Bricker
SWC Moderator
Mark Budko

Sun May 22, 2016 1:46 am

Jeremy H wrote:Overall i'm happy with the trailer and excited for the movie.

I'm somewhat amused by the Angry Fanboy/Mary Sue argument over the female lead. I'm more concerned with whether or not the movie will be good to care much about the hero's gender.

I was a little surprised when one of my friends mentioned that the Death Star was the macguffin in yet another movie. He said it with mild disgust and/or frustration and it got me thinking.

Has Star Wars become mired in the original trilogy and unable to come up with anything new? The Force Awakens relied heavily on themes and imagery from the originals. Is Rogue One a good enough story to warrant a retelling when we already know the outcome? Knowing the outcome in advance hurt the prequels IMO.

I would like to see some 'new' stuff for these anthologies. The Boba Fett movie should be after RotJ for example. I'm not a fan of revisonism (Han shot first!) But we never actually saw Fett die.
Although I NEVER play as a female character on any video game or even here.....I love a strong woman. Another female lead is fine by me...Mon Mothma and Leia were awesome. Also an attractive one with a bit of sass is always a winning combination. Sure it's retelling a story we all know the ending to, but its more about the journey and the detail as well as giving us die hard fans a look at the old star wars trilogy through the eyes of modern movie technology and effects. Anyone who incessantly complains about this movie (not anyone here obviously) needs to just jump off a bridge head first.

I'm so excited to be able to revisit the BBY Star Wars timeline that we ALL fell in love with...only this time in the 21 century. I dare say the opening credits will bring me to tears. BRING IT ON!!!

Oh and I def want to see a movie based on the Fett man. I'm not ready to let go of that era.
James Bricker

Tue May 24, 2016 6:27 pm

It is frustrating to hear fanboys cry about how the whole franchise is ruined. There are many things I did not like about The Force Awakened, and I'm sure there will be things I don't like about this new movie: Rough One. But, all that aside I am still excited to see a movie that keeps the franchise going to the next generation. And some cool new technology that brings all the things we have RPed to life.
James Bricker
SWC Moderator
Tim
Full Name: Timothy Schenks

Re: Rogue One Trailer Teaser (Spoilers, Maybe)

Wed May 25, 2016 1:57 am

Some of their visual guide text has leaked. I'm not going to post it here ... it's all over the internet. A new TIE fighter. A new Rebel fighter. The explanation of the guy in white.

Return to “News and Announcements”