Forum Archive

New to SWC? Learn the latest RPG and forum developments.
jperry
Site Admin
Full Name: Justin E Perry

Forum Archive

Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:15 pm

Version one of the SWC Forum Archive is now available. Just click the "Archive" link in the header. It contains all the messages from the Kirkland boards and the boards we had on Simple Machines.

The archive is organized by category (Star Wars Club Main, Star Wars New Republic, Star Wars Empire, and Star Wars Independents). Expanding a category will reveal a grid with a list of branches. Click on a branch to populate another grid with a list of boards. Click on board to bring up a dialog that has a list of board threads. Choosing a thread will load the original message that started the thread. You can navigate through the replies to the original message by using the buttons at the bottom of the dialog.

It's still a work in progress. Things that still need to be done:

-The color scheme needs to be updated.
-Support for the Simple Machine formatting needed to be added.
-I still need to import messages from this board system.
-Search feature!

I'll let you know when more features have been added.

If you see any bugs, let me know and mention which category / branch/ board / message you saw the issue on. When you're looking at messages, there's a "Get Link" button which gives you a specific URL that will bring up the specific message you are looking at if you want to reference that message in any of your posts or Wiki articles. When informing me of a bug, please send that URL along. It will help me troubleshoot the problem. All feedback and suggestions for improvement are welcome!

There's also one other thing to keep in mind: There's no security around anything in this archive. All the restrictions that we had in place on the old board systems are gone. All the Gamemaster and leadership boards for the different factions in our prior games are wide open.

So please keep a reasonable and open mind when browsing through boards and messages that were once restricted back when they were "in play." Posts that were in made 10 years ago within the context of a competitive player vs. player tactical game should be taken in that context. I'm sure there's a lot of content of questionable maturity, offensive things said in the heat of the moment, unsophisticated language, etc. Just be prepared for it if that kind of thing bothers you.

On the plus side, it was great looking through some of these old posts again. Hope you enjoy!
Justin Perry
Shadow Galaxy Campaign Gamemaster
System Administrator
Mod
Executive GM
Full Name: Eric C

Re: Forum Archive

Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:40 pm

Great work Thanks Justin! Hope you had a good Christmas! I think it looks very nice! Great job!

Like you said missing a search feature for sure as there is a lot of posts to search through, but was pleased as punch to see some of the old stuff in there, good times!
Tim
Full Name: Timothy Schenks

Re: Forum Archive

Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:06 am

Cool!

Return to “News and Announcements”