Looking for a Saga Edition Forum

Talk and announce Out of Character in-game stuff here from the club, including putting out calls for group GMs, players looking for a GM or group to play with, groups looking for members, etc.
Gideon

Looking for a Saga Edition Forum

Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:30 pm

I am looking for a place to play according to the Saga edition rule book. I have experience in online play as well as live play. I briefly looked through a few forums: do any of the games have the players role the die?
Jeremy H
Executive GM
Full Name: Jeremy Harris

Re: Looking for a Saga Edition Forum

Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:34 am

No, most games here have the GM make rolls at home. If you were looking to start a game, I understand rolz.org is pretty good... though I don't know if it has a wild die function.
I play... therefore I am.
Gideon

Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:23 am

Jeremy, thanks for the info about the dice simulator. I have my own dice. Years ago, I played in a community in which players posted online their actions, much like this community, and rolled dice for their actions. The results of the rolls were posted in the community too. That is, it was a forum RPG, but the players got to roll their own dice. Of course the GM rolled his own dice too. The worry is that players will cheat, but that defeats the purpose of playing.

Are there any games like the ones I described in this community?
Tim
Full Name: Timothy Schenks

Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:37 am

I recall http://roleplayinggames.net lets the players roll the dice. They even have an attached dice rolling program once you sign up (free registration). I just didn't like the forum setup there.
Gideon

Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:26 pm

Do any of the campaigns on the forum run a D20 campaign according to the Wizards of the Coast rules (Saga Edition)?
Mod
Executive GM
Full Name: Eric C

Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:45 pm

Mine does, I run the Saga edition game. All the characters are point buy and i'm running (a modified) version of Dawn of Shadows, which was the follow up from Dawn of the Defiance. PM me if your interested.
Uncelliott
Full Name: Bryan Scott

Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:19 pm

Hi All, I am starting a Star Wars d20 saga edition game. Here's the announcement that I've posted at Yahoogroups

Star Wars: Fractured Frontiers is a Play -By-E-Mail (PBEM) utilizing the Star Wars Saga D20 rule set. I am starting this game after having played and DM'ed Dungeons and Dragons PBEMs for over 20 years. This game is intended to be a long running, player involved, story-driven, collaborative effort. PBEM veterans of other genres are welcomed as are Star Wars fans that have never tried a role-playing game. If you are a good writer and interested in the Star Wars rpg, then I'm interested in you! Owning the game materials is not a prerequisite as they are freely available online. If you are interested in joining please apply so that you can access the game files regarding the setting, background, and House Rules.

If anyone is interested, reply here and shoot me an e-mail at uncelliott@yahoo.com

Thank you

Return to “Out of Character Game News”