A hunt begins

Moderator: wmurphy

wmurphy
Full Name: William Murphy

A hunt begins

Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:51 am

Waxx was laying low after some excessive collateral damage on his pursuit last cycle. While the LEO's didn't have any direct evidence now, there were numerous witnesses, so it was time to get offworld. Sipping a drink and doing some research in the Oasis, his preferred cantina, he was looking for options. A private listing for a rich hunting opportunity caught his attention. Some data jockey was wanted on a locate & detain on Jaminere and the pay day was 40,000 credits. The Jewel of Lianna IV was lifting off in a few hours and could not only get him off world but all the way to Lianna at no cost.
Mark Budko

Re: A hunt begins

Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:18 am

Waxx sculled the rest of his drink as he downloaded all the particulars of the contract on his datapad. He turned towards the entry and sneaked a peak at the backside of a beautiful Twi'lek server as she walked past. He squinted his eyes as he made his way outside, indicating that he had spent more time in the darkly lit cantina then he thought. His eyes began adjusting as he took in his surroundings, turning and heading towards the landing pad that the Jewel of Lianna IV was located on.
wmurphy

Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:06 pm

The bounty file was pretty standard; the only irregularities were the location in the newly independent sectors of the Tion Cluster, not in Imperial space, and the high bounty for the listed crimes.
Name: Reop
Species: Duro
Sex: Male
Homeworld: unknown
Known Associates: none
Bounty: 40,000 credits
Classification: Corporate
Application Conditions: Alive, lacking serious injury
Bonus:
Determent: No serious injuries
Crimes:
Assault on Corporate Employee
Conspiracy
Criminal Trespass
Theft of Corporate Property valued in excess of 10,000 credits
Unlawful Acquisition/Utilization of Corporate Data
Originator:
TransGalactic Transportation Company, Inc.
Jaminere, Allied Tion Sector
Receiver:
TransGalactic Transportation Company corporate headquarters,
New Fields metropolitan area, Jaminere
Brief:
Acquisition is guilty in absentia of the willful and deliberate illegal trespass on TransGalactic property; said individual is responsible for assaulting and wounding of several corporate employees; said individual is responsible for theft of corporate equipment and unlawfully utilized data from said stolen corporate equipment.

The Jewel of Lianna IV was at landing pad 127T, on the near side of the starport complex; a half hour walk. The ship was an Action VI and had an advertisement for a crew position, the contact was Jok.

The passages outside the Oasis were relatively quiet in the early morning; the figure loitering at an alcove down the passage away from the starport was barely visible.
Mark Budko

Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:26 am

Waxx arrived at landing platform 127T and saw what he assumed to be the The Jewel Lianna IV, passengers had already started boarding. He also saw a man standing next to a crate holding a datapad.
Last edited by Mark Budko on Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
wmurphy

Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:48 am

The landing pad was bustling with activity focused on getting the large freighter ready to depart. When Waxx reached the portal to the landing pad, he was intercepted by a small hovercam droid with port security markings “Welcome to landing pad 127T. May I help you?”

OOC: What luggage and exposed weapons does Waxx have with him?
Mark Budko

Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:07 am

"I'm looking for a Jok, where can I find him?" he said to the droid.

OOC: No luggage really. The only exposed weapons he has are his blaster rifle and pistol. Not sure if the holdout is visible. Doubt it.
wmurphy

Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:46 am

The droid paused a moment before replying “Please follow me, Sir.” The droid spun around and floated in the direction of the loading ramp. A female duro dressed in a blue shipsuit with rank markings stood at the top of the ramp as Waxx followed the droid. She sized up the fully armed and armored klatoonian as he walked up the ramp “I'm Jok. I want the Jewel to lift in 15 minutes, so I'm rather busy. What's your name and qualifications?”
Mark Budko

Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:40 am

OOC: Sorry for the late reply...I had serious legal matters to deal with in the last week. I almost went to prison.

"Jok hardly sounds like a name you would give a female of your race; were your parents hoping for a boy?" he chuckled before pausing for a moment to answer the question. "Waxx is the name, bounty hunting the game".
wmurphy

Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:58 pm

Jok just looked at him for a moment and finally answered “That's nice Waxx, but I don't need a bounty hunter. What are your qualifications to be a crew member on the Jewel?”
Mark Budko

Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:02 am

Waxx wiped the grin from his face, "I used to work with a crew on a transport just like this one, there I learned to pilot such ships, I am physically capable so heavy lifting doesn't phase me". He crossed his arms and continued, "I can fix anything that breaks down on the ship, so I can fill whatever role you need me in".

Return to “Knights of Cor'Tash (D6)”