Tapani House Guard armor?

Jon Allen
Branch GM

Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:59 pm

I'm wondering if we have D6 stats for the Tapani House Guard armor. It looks like stormtrooper armor but slightly different, and at least one image I found on wookiepedia suggests that it's blue instead of white.

I have Lords of the Expanse, but there's apparently another player guide book with Tapani templates that I don't have.
Tim
Full Name: Timothy Schenks

Re: Tapani House Guard armor?

Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:06 pm

Player's Guide to Tapani: Both templates for House Guard and House Guard Officer look like stormtrooper armor in their picture.

Their respective pictures in the Tapani Gamemaster's Guide (Lords of the Expanse boxed set) also resemble stormtroopers and this is specifically mentioned on page 17.

Equipment for both: Battle armor (+2D physical, +1D energy, -1D to Dexterity and related skills), blaster rifle (5D+1), blaster pistol (4D)
Jon Allen
Branch GM

Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:29 pm

Ok thanks.

While I'm digging for stats. Do we have some on medium repeating blasters? I'm finding stuff on lights and heavy (E-Web) but not medium.
Tim

Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:17 pm

They don't show up that often in any of the game books, but the miniature battle stuff implies it has 7D damage (6D for light; 8D for heavy).

I would just use the heavy E-Web stats. It's very odd that the medium weapon is supposedly used by the snowtroopers in Empire Strikes Back (according to Wookieepedia), but no stats were ever given for it in Galaxy Guide 3. I had always assumed they were using an e-web...

Also, Eric Trautman, former editor from West End Games, compiled some D6 stats for the Rogue One team. Here is what he came up with for Baze Malbus' repeating blaster:

Illegally modified repeating blaster (Two fire modes: one combat round to change.) Mode A (overcharge; by actuating a pump mechanism on the weapon, it draws a massive overcharge from the weapon’s generator mounted on Malbus’ back; it takes one round to pump the weapon; multiple action penalties apply; on a “1” on the Wild Die, the weapon can overheat for 1D combat rounds): Ammo: 10, Range: 3–10/25/100, Damage: 7D; Mode B (assault weapon): Ammo: 10, Rate of Fire: 2, Range: 3–20/75/150, Damage: 5D; In “assault weapon” mode, the weapon emits five shots per combat round (requiring only one roll), giving a +1D blaster skill bonus to hit, but reducing damage by -1D.
Last edited by Tim on Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jon Allen
Branch GM

Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:33 pm

I'm a little confused by the standard Light and Medium Repeating blasters. Unless I'm mistaken their fire rate is one?

Is each "shot" more than one bolt?
Tim

Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:42 pm

There always was some confusion about that in the D6 game. Early stats had a fire rate listed, while later the editors stated that there was no fire rate for standard and repeating blasters...basically you can fire as many times as you can pull the trigger, limited by your number of actions. They reached no consensus on the issue. Later on they came up with a burst effect for repeating blasters; that you could fire five shots for every pull of the trigger.
Jeremy H
Executive GM
Full Name: Jeremy Harris

Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:57 pm

Did he make d6 stats for the U-wing?
I play... therefore I am.
Tim

Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:02 pm

Jeremy H
Executive GM
Full Name: Jeremy Harris

Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:01 pm

Cute... but I think I would have appreciated stats for all the new gear and vehicles more.
I play... therefore I am.

Return to “GM Cantina”