Advanced vehicle maneuvers source?

Jon Allen
Branch GM

Advanced vehicle maneuvers source?

Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:34 pm

The Rebel Alliance sourcebook offers some advanced starfighter maneuvers. But I've also seen other maneuvers for vehicle/starfighter scale craft. Like side-slipping, loops, etc.

I've used them before, but I can't find the source, what book are they in?

If someone can find them on a website that would be helpful as well. We used to post them on starfighter branch sites in the club for example.
dhawk
Full Name: Dustin Hawk

Re: Advanced vehicle maneuvers source?

Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:00 am

Of what I have, this is what I found for advanced maneuvers:

The Thrawn Trilogy SB: The A-Wing Slash and Screen Formation

Cracken's Rebel Field Guide: Not so much maneuvers, but a lot of jury-rigging rules and examples.

Star Wars RPG 2nd Edition R&E: Check out page 108 for maneuvering rules for vehicle movement.

I also managed to salvage this from an old post regarding Starfighter Tactics:

MANEUVERS
Sliding Sideways: The vehicle "shifts lanes," moving left, right, or if flying a vehicle, up or down. The vehicle eases over, so it doesn't change direction. A vehicle can make any number of slides.
Difficulty: +1 - 5 (per slide)

Bootlegger Turn: The vehicle slams on its brakes, spinning around and sliding. It only moves half of its normal Move, and ends up facing in the opposite direction.
Difficulty: +6 - 15

Turn: The vehicle is performing a slow, continuous turn over the entire course of its movement. At the end of the turn, the vehicle will have changed direction up to 45 degrees.
Difficulty: +1 - 5

Double Turn: The vehicle is attempting to complete a turn over 45 degrees and up to 90 degrees during a move.
Difficulty: +11 - 15

Climb: The vehicle is climbing at up to 45 degrees up to half of its move.
Difficulty: +6 - 20

Extreme Climb: The vehicle is climbing at up to 90 degrees for up to its entire move.
Difficulty: +11 - 20 or more

Dive: The vehicle is diving at less than 45 degrees up to half of its move.
Difficulty: +1 - 5

Extreme Dive: The vehicle is diving at up to 90 degrees for up to its entire move.
Difficulty: +6 - 15 or more

Loop: The vehicle performs a verticle loop (loop-de-loop) over the course of its entire move.
Difficulty: +15 - 30 or more

Rotate: Starfighters at half-speed or less can rotate - turn up to 360 degrees without changing its inertia.
Difficulty: +5 - 15

Spiral: Starfighters can perform a spiral or "barrel roll."
Difficulty: +5 per 45 degrees

Most of this I think was pulled from 2nd Edition R&E out of context to give GM an easier table to follow. Hope this helps out.
"Audentes fortuna juvat" -Fortune Favors the Bold
Jon Allen
Branch GM

Re: Advanced vehicle maneuvers source?

Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:44 am

That list was the rules I was looking for. If anyone can verify what book it came from, that would be helpful.

Return to “GM Cantina”