Saga Rules test flight range

Matt Nolan

Saga Rules test flight range

Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:46 pm

This was an idea raised a liitle while ago (I think it may have been Jon Alen) and probably bears looking at closer given that Saga has a strong interest base within the club, and seems to be the default for RPG's outside these walls.

I'd like to gauge the interest in setting up some kind of game area where we can test out how Saga rules actually play. I suppose it's a little like a "New Players for Saga" section, aimed at the current D6 players within the club. Generic scenarios and characters, kind of a safe"dojo" area to see what works and what doesn't.

On a purely practical basis, I think we need to make a concerted effort to have some GM's at least, who are familiar with Saga rules.

Thoughts?
Jon Allen
Branch GM

Re: Saga Rules test flight range

Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:33 pm

Treat it like any other game, all you need is one player and GM for a petition. Set it up like a Dojo, or test range, or Saga Lab, or whatever name works. And play with it.

I think this needs to be done. Saga is out there, it's what people are using. If you start this up, I suspect more and more people will find their way to it. But it has to start somewhere.
Grizz
Full Name: Katie MacGregor

Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:47 pm

I am fairly familiar with the Saga core rules, but I've never GM'ed anything before :(

Perhaps with a little general guidance, I could run something if need be.
"But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve For daws to peck at: I am not what I am."
wmurphy
Full Name: William Murphy

Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:02 pm

Grizz sign me up!
Grizz
Full Name: Katie MacGregor

Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:24 pm

:D
"But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve For daws to peck at: I am not what I am."

Return to “GM Cantina”