OOC General Discussion and Chatterbox

Jon Allen
Branch GM

OOC General Discussion and Chatterbox

Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:18 pm

Use this thread for OOC conversation with me or each other.
dwisniewski
Branch GM

Re: OOC General Discussion and Chatterbox

Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:18 am

question about npc races, are any known races open or just the ones fleshed out by us and WEG?
Tim
Full Name: Timothy Schenks

Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:09 am

dwisniewski wrote:question about npc races, are any known races open or just the ones fleshed out by us and WEG?
Not sure if the Unified Galaxy Campaign directly follows the Galaxy Campaign, or if they are different games, but if they are the same then that was mentioned on this page about five paragraphs down.
Jeremy H
Executive GM
Full Name: Jeremy Harris

Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:45 am

Its pretty much a continuation, so that page and whatever the GM is willing to allow.
I play... therefore I am.
Jon Allen
Branch GM

Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:17 am

What others have said here is pretty much accurate. If you have a species idea that you are unsure about, talk to me first. You can send me a PM if you want.
dwisniewski
Branch GM

Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:14 pm

Well 3 that came to mind in some form were Zabrak, Torguta, and Chiss.
Jon Allen
Branch GM

Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:20 pm

The biggest question mark with these "newer" species, is we lack D6 stats for them. I would need that, at the very least, with an emphasis on things like special abilities and min/max attribute caps, to make any definitive judgements and/or to consult with my fellow Unified Campaign GMs.

I can say Chiss is probably going to be a No. Their role in SWC's timeline is yet undefined. To date in SWC the rare Chiss individuals like Thrawn remain a rare novelty while the rest of their kind is hidden out in the Unknown Regions. I feel confident in saying that probably hasn't changed.

Zabrak...I know a lot of people turn up their noses at least in part because of the Ep. 1 connection. It doesn't bother me as much. I'm more concerned with how their stats look like. Its worth noting there are also other species that share a lot of the physical characteristics.

Torguta...I can't find this one on wookiepedia for a quick peak and it isn't ringing any bells. Typo?

This goes out to everyone, because I've gotten a few similar questions about other species via PM. I don't have the time or energy to hash out the status of every question-mark species known to Star Wars lore. If you have one single species that you really really really want to play, declare that, and I'll take it up and work on it with all the resources at my disposal and probably in collaboration with other active GMs. That isn't a promise of success, just a promise of effort and resolution of the issue one way or another.

Don't forget about the near-human option either, which always existed in SWC. To play a sentient being with some human characteristics and some not, but with human stats and no special abilities. Your wing commander is a green-tinted skin near-human with human stats. This gives you a lot of creative freedom to decide everything, the culture, history, biology, homeworld, all of it.
Jeremy H
Executive GM
Full Name: Jeremy Harris

Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:16 pm

Togruta
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Togruta

Also, the X-wing Game mention made me think of medals, and I believe most of these were ripped off from there anyway.
wiki/index.php?title=NR_Starfighter_Corps_Award_List
I play... therefore I am.
Tim
Full Name: Timothy Schenks

Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:06 pm

There were no Chiss in Justin's campaign. They were superseded and/or replaced by the Highlords, which were also hands-off, so we never knew if Thrawn was (click) part of an entire species or unique in SWC. Thus, no Chiss Ascendency and no Empire of the Hand.
MFields
Full Name: Mike Fields

Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:42 pm

I remember the day how my character was originaly designed as a Chiss, then changed up to be something else due to the race/species not alowed. Them were the days when Evil became more enjoyable and mysterious to cheer for. Everyone was into the Thrawn trilogy! Still, not everyone can play a Chiss as it takes a lot of understanding into their culture to represent them correctly. I just love how SWTOR captured their essence in cut scenes. Still, the Chiss is a special point of interest. I would like to see a wookiee version lol
Mike Fields
SWC Loyal Player

'No Mission Too Difficult, No Sacrifice Too Great, Duty First.'

Return to “"The Eleventh Fighter Wing" (NRSFC)”