Eleventh Fighter Wing Information

Jon Allen
Branch GM

Eleventh Fighter Wing Information

Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:33 pm

Some mostly basic but useful information about the Eleventh Fighter Wing and its commander (who will be an NPC that I control as GM) can be found here.

https://skydrive.live.com/?mkt=en-US#ci ... 569DF3!105

I thought the X-Wing Alliance game tie-in might help us get into the mood of flying starfighters...that it might bring back some memories for some of playing the X-Wing/Tie Fighter series of games. Plus it gave me access to a cool unit crest with minimal copyright or ownership concerns. :)
Tim
Full Name: Timothy Schenks

Re: Eleventh Fighter Wing Information

Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:00 pm

That crest is the corporate logo for Twin Suns Transport Services.
Jon Allen
Branch GM

Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:58 pm

Also the Azzameen family crest. I guess its both?

In the formal X-Wing Alliance guides, the "Azzameen Family Crest" is one of the items that appears in your "room" after a mission alongside awards and other souvenirs. Among the stuff you collect during the game. And that's it.
Tim

Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:31 am

Since it's been a few years, make them give you some of those new Jedi Starfighters. ;)
Tim

Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:34 am

Jon Allen wrote:Also the Azzameen family crest. I guess its both?
Yeah, Azzameen family = Twin Suns Transport Services. It was renamed Phoenix Transport in SWI (from the ashes of Twin Suns...) when David got upset that I approved a canon organization from the computer game. Yes, Arnon Peaton was Ace Azzameen. :shock:
Jon Allen
Branch GM

Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:30 am

Really? I didn't know the Azzameens or Twin Suns had been ever been used in SWC in any capacity. Interesting.
Tim

Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:50 am

Yeah, scroll down this pageto the Rogues section. Some time in 1999. They were called Twin Suns for at least two years before the name was changed.
Jon Allen
Branch GM

Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:37 pm

I don't really consider it that applicable to what we are doing now, but I appreciate the back-info.

The crest is just a thing on a wall, with more OOC meaning than anything. It reminds me of yester-years of playing the X-Wing series of computer games. I have no intention of bringing the Azzameens into our game IC in any additional way or context. It starts and ends with the thing on the wall, likely to be visible to pilots at the Wing's HQ or on the wall in a briefing room alongside squadron crests.

My intention is to somewhat downplay the "Wing" identity. Keeping the Squadron identities prominent. Because that's where the action will be. So I'm very curious to see what the players in this game come up with for their squadrons.

Return to “"The Eleventh Fighter Wing" (NRSFC)”