Selection Time

Moderator: jkelley

jkelley
Group GM
Full Name: Justin Kelley
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:08 am

Re: Selection Time

Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:57 pm

Guilliam gave a quick nod and dropped prone, snapping off a few shots down the stairwell. They weren't very accurate, but they didn't need to be if anyone tried to come up. Kallan turned back, bracing himself against the duracrete wall and fired his own volley down the hallway. One over eager stormtrooper took a shot to the arm. It didn't drop him, but he fell back quickly, his blaster dropping from his grasp. The other shots did their part, and the remaining stormtroopers that Kallan could see dropped back into the cover of doorways or the hallway.

"En route." Blue team responded. The message was almost immediately followed up with a response. "We're cutoff as well. Hard hats in the hallway." It was Zeegri, and the sound of blaster fire could be heard in the background, no doubt Coun using his own version of suppressing fire. "We can push, but I don't think we can make your position."

Kallan snapped off a few more shots down the hallway, but as he did so his blood turned to ice; the still warm muzzle of a blaster suddenly pressed up against the back of his neck. "I'm sorry." He heard Guilliam say from behind. "They have my family, and I need to give them that datafile or they all die. Drop the blaster and then turn around slowly." He instructed. Out of the corner of Kallan's eye he could see the Imperial Army troopers had reached a point that they could fire unobstructed on Guilliam and himself.
User avatar
Matt Nolan
Posts: 610
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:26 pm

Re: Selection Time

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:08 pm

The cold realisation that Guilliam was working aginst them hit hard and fast. An ironic half chuckle, half sigh escaped Kallan's lips as the slightly warm muzzle pressed into his neck. Zeegri had thought there might be more then one traitor, and it appeared the Sullastan intel agent was on the mark. How many there were and who was working with whom still remained to be seen, and for the moment, the medic had a more important fish to fry.

Kallan had seen Specs practising disarms and other high speed/low drag hand-to-hand moves, and considered trying it but dismissed the idea in almost the same instant. He'd never trained in them himself and the likelihood of getting killed outright was too high: he was no use to his team dead.

The smell of ionised particles from the blaster muzzle prompted another line of thought at the same time. Why hadn't the man just stunned or blasted him in the back and searched him. Error or deliberate ploy, Kallan couldn't tell but it gave him an opening that might just buy enough time for Coun and Zeegri to get out with the real data, or at least give them a chance.

Still holding the blaster pistol, but with his hands up at chest height and level with his now slumped shoulders, Kallan answered Guilliam, hoping his body posture and tone of voice would indicate enough compliance to avoid getting shot. "Yes. I have the data." Reinforcing the notion that he had what the man was after would hopefully draw his attention away from the rest of Blue team. Kallan pushed back slightly against the blaster at his neck, and slowly began to turn around, keying his comm as he did so.

"Exfil now, I'm grabbed." Releasing the PTT on his comm as he completed the turn, Kallan dropped the blaster pistol to the floor with a loud clatter. Now all he had to do was try and keep Guilliam and the Imperials occupied for as long as he could.

...Don't make it look too easy...just enough fight to make it seem real...

With his hands still at shoulder height in front of him and looking Guilliam in the eyes, Kallan decided to go on the offensive with the only weapon he had left: time.

"You know your family is dead, right? Just like you and me once they've got what they want. You know that." He paused for a beat, letting what he'd said sink in without giving Guilliam time to analyse it fully.

"Ask them if you don't believe me." Kallan finished, flicking he eyes towards the Imperial Army troops moving up from the stairwell. He made no move towards the datapad, figuring the more talking he did before handing over the dummy storage, the more time Coun and Zeegri had.

That didn't stop the slowly rising fear that this was it, he was most likely going to die here. Involuntarily, his hands started to shake slightly at that realisation, along with the nearly undeniable urge to urinate. Hoping he managed to avoid vacating his bladder in front of his captors, Kallan stared at Guilliam, waiting for an answer.
jkelley
Group GM
Full Name: Justin Kelley
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:08 am

Re: Selection Time

Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:53 pm

The comm remained silent for a long pause before Zeegri finally responded. "Copy." It was quick, but Kallan could tell Zeegri wanted to disobey.

As Kallan spoke to the sergeant, he noticed the hollowed out look his eyes had. He knew, or at least had considered that possibility. "You wouldn't understand." He finally said, his voice cracking slightly. It seemed Kallan had hit a nerve with him, but then the army troopers started to move up the remaining stairs.

Guilliam stepped back a few steps to make room for the troopers as they came forward. "It's in his pocket." He said, and the troopers grabbed for Kallan aggressively. They bound his hands tightly and started to lead him back down the stairs. Another trooper pulled the datapad from the cargo pocket. Reaching the bottom of the stairs, a few more troopers fell in to the procession as they moved towards the exit.

Exiting the building, Kallan took in the forces of the Empire. It appeared an entire platoon of army and stormtroopers were assembled outside. The ranking officer moved forward, taking the datapad offered from the trooper. Handing it to an aide, he turned to Guilliam. "Congratulations, maybe there's hope for you yet. It truly is a shame what happened to your wife & parents, unfortunate incidents like that can continue to be avoided with your cooperation. We wouldn't want your entire family tree snuffed out, would we?" He laughed an emotionless laugh at Guilliam. "Of course, you'll need to be found by whatever search team comes, narrowly avoiding death. We'll call on you again, don't get to idle." He nods to a couple stormtroopers that grab Guilliam and drag him back into the building. Turning, he looks to Kallan. "Now, someone I can have some more fun with." His smile turned sinister as he looked Kallan up and down.

The commander looked up and to the west, and Kallan noticed other doing it too. A combat shuttle was approaching, low over the tree line. Then Kallan heard it, the sound of laser cannons firing. Involuntarily, he turned to see a second combat shuttle firing on the first one. The first shuttle dodge defiantly, narrowly avoiding the shots. As they closed in, the troopers scattered. Some ran towards the shuttles on the ground while others just ran for cover. Kallan was yanked backward, nearly coming off his feet. Half walking, half drug, he was pulled back towards the building.

It was then he saw the corvette's cannons aiming at the incoming shuttle. The other troopers had nearly reached the grounded shuttles when the corvette opened fire. The first shuttle dropped suddenly, giving enough altitude that Kallan thought it was crash landing, but at the last second the shuttle pulled up and skid across the ground outside the fence line. The shot struck the second shuttle squarely, disintegrating into a brilliant ball of fire. Then the two gounded shuttles blew, throwing those nearest back like giant flaming projectiles. The corvettes landing struts blew, crushing a few naval troopers and forcing the boarding ramp closed.

Then he felt the pressure on his arm release. "Hold still." He heard the familiar voice of Amdoza from behind. "Blasted fools wanted you to lose your hands." Finally Kallan felt the pressure on his wrists release and brought his hands forward. The synthetic-ties had started to cut into his flesh. "Here." The lieutenant said, offering a blaster pistol to Kallan. "This isn't over yet. I'm going to find Guilliam, you need to retrieve that data." He finished, not letting Kallan have a word in before jogging down the hallway.

OOC: You are in the entryway of the command building. Amdoza dispatched imperial army troopers that brought you back and you are otherwise alone. The remaining imperial forces that you could see, roughly 100-120 are scattered inside the base. The fires have mostly burnt out, but the sky is well lit by starlight.
User avatar
Matt Nolan
Posts: 610
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:26 pm

Re: Selection Time

Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:27 am

OOC- Apologies for taking so long, I hadn't realise it was almost a week until I began drafting this up.


As he was led from the building out into the open, Kallan had a number of thoughts swirling. Anger at being caught laced with a strong dose of fear. Satisfaction that Zeegri and Coun appeared to have made it off the base, and should be on their way to the RV. A mild thread of sympathy for Guilliam was fighting a losing battle with Kallan's anger at the all too obvious results of the man's betrayal. Kallan hoped in vain there would be an accounting for that, although given his current situation he wouldn't be having anything to do with that.

Kallan's musings were cut short as the Imperial officer's attention turned to him. Dying was a given he figured, whether it was here and now or at some unspecified point in the future. Escape and evasion training was something he'd done, but it was mostly weighted towards the evasion side- escape once captured was significantly harder than avoiding it in the first place. Kallan doubted he could even push the problem prisoner scenario hard enough for these guys to kill him before things became seriously unpleasant. Particularly the officer had the look of a legitimate professional sadist.

Silently trying to figure out how he could at least take someone with him, Kallan couldn't help but turn his head towards the sound of the shuttles as the approached. The next few seconds passed in a blur as the whiplash effect of action, capture and sudden release left Kallan dizzy and slightly nauseated. The pain in his hands as blood rushed back into proper circulation was enough to kick start his forebrain again as he clutched the blaster pistol Amdoza had left him

Pulling deeper into the doorway to avoid wearing a random blaster bolt, Kallan assessed his options. Holding here was a temporary fix and if he could, he needed to get back to Blue and Yellow teams. Scrounging a blaster rifle would be nice as well, as a pistol was really only something a soldier should use to fight their way back to a proper weapon.

His best bet was to push deeper into the building and head back to the exfil point on the northeast corner. The confusion at the corvette and the grounded shuttles might least long enough for him to make it off the base and regardless, the stormtroopers out there would the advantage at night. Putting on his best impression of a calm, coherent "I do this all the time" voice, Kallan called for a sitrep from his team.

"Blue, Yellow this is Lead. I'm back in the game. What's your status?" Moving off at a tactical walk, pistol in the low ready position Kallan began clearing towards the direction Amdoza had last been seen in. If the opportunity presented, he might develop some further information on the base infiltration and if not he could get out using the rappel line set up by his team. Slowly clearing the corridor as he went, Kallan kept on the alert for any sign of Guilliam or Amdoza.
jkelley
Group GM
Full Name: Justin Kelley
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:08 am

Re: Selection Time

Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:53 am

The com channel clicked over in response, it was Trevjov. "Yellow team is secure and holding the corvette for the time. Blue team made it to the treeline."

Then Zeegri answered, "We've linked up with the Master Chief's team outside the North-Northeast base perimeter. Currently working on an exfil plan for you and the others still in there." She said, and Kallan couldn't help but hear the excitement in her voice.

Meanwhile, Kallan was moving slowly through the base, clearing each room he came to in search of Amdoza...or Guilliam and his entourage. The sound of blaster fire intensified from outside, and it seemed a full blown fire fight had started. Sparing a quick glance back to the entrance, Kallan noticed that moving away from the door was probably for the best as numerous score marks still sizzled from the entryway. Coming up on the t-intersection, Kallan paused before clearing around the corner. He saw Amdoza holding an entryway a couple doors down. From the opposite end of the corridor, he would be nearly invisible in the cubby. Turning, he saw Kallan and held his hand up to halt.

Once he saw that Kallan had stopped, he proceeded through a series of hand signals then repeated it. The signals were slightly different the SpecForces used, but close enough that the meaning was clear. He had eyes on hostiles near the end of the hall, and wanted Kallan to handle the primary engagement with the hostiles. Amdoza made an obvious movement to show he was switching his blaster to stun. Although Guilliam was not a friendly by any stretch of the word at this point, he was a non target in the engagement and Amdoza wanted him removed from the equation still breathing. Unfortunately, this left the brunt of the work on Kallan as the stun setting wouldn't be as effective against the armored troopers. Giving Kallan a nod to ensure they understood, he paused to wait for any response.

The door he indicated was the last door on the same side of the hall as Amdoza was on. Kallan would need to cross the hall to meet up with him and then move uncovered to the door. As long as the stormtroopers hadn't linked up with anyone else, and Amdoza gave no indication of this, then there should only be two targets and they should have the element of surprise and cover to their advantage.

OOC: Sorry for the delay myself. Coworker is going out for surgery and I'm getting double duty for a couple months at work. It just leaves me drained at the end of the day. It isn't the first time, and I should fall back into the swing of things quickly...I hope. You're the blue diamond. Amdoza is the green diamond. The room indicated is the room with the red slashes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Matt Nolan
Posts: 610
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:26 pm

Re: Selection Time

Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:10 pm

Clearing through a building is harder than it looks on a holovid. It's harder again at night and in poor light, and even more so in a team of one, with a raging blasterfight outside growing more intense by the second. Kallan was making a good show of it though, managing to balance the paranoia of getting flanked from a room he'd passed with the fact that he could only look in one direction at a time. Pressing onwards, he was relieved to hear from Yellow Team, although more information on their 'holding the corvette' comment would have to wait. Zeegri's irrepressible excitement in the face of the difficult tactical position was borderline infectious and Kallan was glad the team had come together the way it had.

He moved slowly north-south, glad to be in a corridor with no doorways but acutely aware he was in a funnel for blasterfire nonetheless. He did a final check behind him before approaching the corridor's T intersection, then began peeking the angle to see what lay ahead. They'd called it 'Cutting the Tart' during his advanced combat training module and that recollection brought a slight smile to his lips despite the seriousness of his position.

The former medic peeked the western arm of the corridor as far as he could without exposing himself, then switched orientation to do the same for the eastern side. As he did so Kallan caught a silhouette mostly hidden in a doorway about halfway along. He began raising his blaster when the figure turned it's head revealing that it was Lt Amdoza. A split second of pause stretched out as Kallan tried to mentally place the man inside his picture of the current situation but there were too many variables. He'd have to let things play out for the time being, and stay wired enough to react to whatever developed.

Kallan managed to parse the hand signals made by the Intel officer and after a short exchange it looked like they were on the same page. He had only made one change, clarifying that Amdoza should lead their two-man stack into the room. Hand signals weren't specific enough to explain why, but Kallan's understanding of close quarter's engagements made it the logical choice. The second man in the room was more likely to draw fire from those inside, particularly if they were not waiting to repel an entry. With Kallan engaging threats and drawing fire Amdoza should be clear to focus on a non-lethal result for Guilliam. At least that was the plan.

Kallan signalled to Amdoza that he was ready to move up to stack on the doorway, silently lamenting the fact that didn't have spare powerpack to rig into a distraction charge for their entry. He took a couple of centering breaths and then pushed forward slowly and smoothly as he could, covering the target door to allow Amdoza the space to slip out and fall into position.


OOC- Don't sweat it, Justin. I hope your colleague makes it back on deck in short order, and be sure to take some 'you' time now and then.

Return to “JARSID”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest